Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Dream She Saw





                                                             The Dream She Saw  
                                                             

A breezy Mumbai evening.
8 pm.

He reached the cafe exactly five minutes before it was eight, just like he did on so many occasions in the past. He anxiously searched for the round table and chairs placed at the far end of the cafe, where he thought he could enjoy his small share of privacy and comfort with her. As a routine ritual, he greeted the cafe owner, placed his usual order for two cups of coffee and placed himself , rather curiously and nervously.

She arrived. They greeted each other. And, their conversations took a dramatic detour as he interrupted her.

" I have been meaning to say this for a while, was not sure how would you respond to it. Still not sure about it. But yes, I want to be with you, share all the wonderful joys and moments that life has for us to offer. I really feel the connection with you and moreover, want to take this along with you, through thick & thin, for months and years to come.I want to share a dream with you and together we will see the dream materializing. All I seek is you and your support in making this life meaningful as well as beautiful."

She never expected this. She smiled. She smiled a little more. Her eyes spoke volumes about how delighted she was feeling about him. About the proposal.

" I think I would love to be a part of your life and make you happy" She responded, much to his delight. He was elated.She was ecstatic. They were happy.

Just when they were stepping out of the cafe, she stopped midway, thanks to a comment that came from across.

" They look such an odd couple. What did she see in him?"
" I did not see anything. I just felt him, and his love for me. If I could see, that would have been all the more wonderful." She replied in a firm yet mellifluous voice.

He was in love with her. She loved him too.
She was blind. But their love had the most beautiful vision one could ever imagine.

No comments: